It's go time aboard the F/V Northland! Phone calls home and fresh photos are nonexistent and texts short.
Here's a recap:
- 6/28/16: Fished two openers today for a couple thousand pounds. Looks like similar run timing to last season (late). The boat and crew are doing great. We are ready for the big push, hope it comes soon!
- 7/1/16: SHIT! Our reel [that hauls the salmon in] broke last night. We shipped it out to Naknek on a tender [boat]. Shit! A real curve ball. Who knows how long this could take to get fixed. Hope we don't miss out on a big day.
- 7/2/16: We're back in business.
- 7/4/16: We are soaking the net all night on a night opener. Starting to add up.
- 7/5/16: We are fishing away here and had a DECK LOAD yesterday! Pleasant fishing under pleasant skies.
Yep, fishing is a roller coaster!